Was up early today. With nothing important to do, I switched on the TV and have a slow breakfast. Channel surfing was a norm early in the morning for me. That’s what is good when u have SCV.
I stopped at the National Geographic channel. It caught me as I was sipping my coffee. It was showing two human shaped big empty holes on the side of the mountains. On watching further, then I realized, the two holes were the work of the scumbag Osama. My heart wrenched as I watched on with the show. The two holes were actually the house of two giant Buddha statues standing at 55m high, the pride of Afghanistan. The scumbag forced the natives to install explosives and blew the statues right before their very eyes.
The sculptures were sculpted in 1 A.D. (It is 2006 A.D. today.) It is a pity ancient treasures like these are destroyed just like that. My heart sank further as the show continues. I tried explaining the show to my grandmother who was sitting beside me. Though my hokkien was only half a bucket of water, she understood what I was saying. And through her expressions, I could feel that she shares the same emotions with me that moment. Grandma felt tired and went into her room to rest as she went to the market this morning. I continued with the show.
The two sculptures were not the only things that were stolen from Afghanistan. Along with it, there were paintings and other monuments that were destroyed. It is such a sad sight. Afghanistan is not only robbed of their ancient treasures, but their national culture at the same time. I quote from the show, “A nation without culture has not history.”
NAME: Miyuki the simple boi DOB: A January Capricorn Baby BLOG DOB: 17th November 2004 LOCATION: The forgotten palace INTEREST: simple stuff HOBBIES: Plastic Model Making, Mahjong w/o stakes Fav Tv show: Mtv Channel, Pimp my ride!!!, Survivor Guatemala!, Da Chang Jin OCCUPATION: FT student, PT lier Fav Quote: Efficiency is intelligent laziness! MSN: asuka76@hotmail.com Friendster: asuka76@hotmail.com Mood: